- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 3 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, brown, Italian, or Crimini
- 1/4 pound asparagus
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cup, chunks pineapple
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Dice onion and mince garlic.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in an ovenproof pan over medium heat; add onion, garlic, and 1/2 tablespoon butter. Cook 5-6 minutes or until onion is translucent, then season with salt.
- Stir rice into the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes more. Add 2 cups of broth and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat, cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes or until the liquid has absorbed.
- Meanwhile, chop mushrooms, cut asparagus into 1/2 inch pieces, and mince parsley; set aside.
- In a separate skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, asparagus, and spinach to the skillet and cook 3-4 minutes until veggies soften and spinach wilts.
- Add remaining broth, milk, remaining butter, and parsley to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Stir in rice mixture, return to a simmer and cook until liquid has mostly absorbed and rice is tender.
- Serve paella with fresh pineapple on the side.
Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 497mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g