- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium onion
- 3 clove garlic
- 3/4 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne or red pepper
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 30 ounce black beans, canned
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 medium mango
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Dice pepper and onion; mince garlic.
- Add veggies and garlic to hot oil. Saute for 1-2 minutes, then add quinoa, cumin, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper (if desired), and broth. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until nearly all the broth has been absorbed.
- Drain and rinse beans; add to quinoa along with corn. Heat through and stir in chopped cilantro.
- Serve with mango on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie