- 2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 3 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 1/4 cup powdered milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium beet
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 medium banana
- Mix all dry ingredients together (flours through salt), and store in an airtight container.
- Wrap beets in foil. Cook at 400°F for 1 1/2 hours then set aside to cool. (You can do this the night before if desired.)
- Unwrap beets, peel (skins should slide right off), and slice.
- Blend beet slices in a food processor or blender, adding a few drops of water if necessary to get the chunks to purée a little better.
- Combine 1 cup of dry pancake mix with the 1 cup of water, oil, egg, and 1/3 cup beet puree; mix well.
- Spray a griddle or large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Pour batter onto hot griddle forming pancakes; cook until golden, flipping once 1/2 way through.
- Serve with halved bananas on the side.
Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 649mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 11g