- 2 cup green peas, frozen
- 4 ounce turkey bacon
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, cider
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 cup lettuce, romaine
- 2 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup colby-jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 large pita, whole wheat
- 2 medium pear
- Set out peas to thaw.
- Cook bacon in skillet until crispy. Remove from skillet and pat dry with paper towel. Allow to cool while preparing remaining ingredients.
- Whisk yogurt, sugar, vinegar, and milk in a bowl until well mixed and creamy; set aside.
- Toss lettuce and spinach in a large bowl along with thawed peas. Add dressing and toss well to coat.
- Once cooled, crumble bacon and add to salad along with shredded cheese and tomatoes.
- Cut pitas into triangles.
- Serve salad with pears and pita triangles on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie