- 3 cup water
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peaches, canned in own juice
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup, pure
- Boil water. Add oats and salt, stir. Allow water to come back to a boil while keeping a watchful eye since it tends to quickly boil over.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Stir occasionally so that the oats do not stick. Oats will become creamy. You may cook longer if a thicker consistency is desired.
- Drain the peaches. Top the oatmeal with peaches, walnuts and chia seeds. Add maple syrup if you prefer a sweeter taste.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie