- 2 medium russet potato
- 4 medium leek
- 6 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 4 clove garlic
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese
- 4 medium apple
- Peel potatoes and cut into cubes; slice the leeks (the white and green parts). Set aside.
- Bring chicken broth, potatoes, leeks, and chopped garlic to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Puree mixture in a blender or food processor, working in batches. Return pureed mixture to the saucepan and stir in milk, sour cream, salt, and pepper; continue to cook over medium heat until warmed through.
- Top soup with Parmesan cheese, and serve sliced apples on the side.
Calories: 466kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 887mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 27g