- Heat broiler with rack set 4 inches from heat.
- Cut broccoli into small florets; discard stalk.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and discard. Slice mushrooms 1/2 inch thick.
- Remove ribs and seeds from peppers and discard. Cut peppers into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Crush garlic through a press.
- Thinly slice Gouda cheese (if not already sliced).
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Toss broccoli with oil, then season with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add to baking sheet and broil 4-6 minutes, tossing once or twice until broccoli begins to char.
- Add mushrooms and bell peppers to the broccoli; season with remaining salt and pepper and toss to combine. Broil 8-10 minutes more until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally; set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise and garlic in a small bowl.
- Place bread on a work surface and cut into thin slices. Spread each slice with mayonnaise mixture; top with vegetables and then cheese. Place on baking sheet and broil 2-4 minutes until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Slice melts in half for a snack or eat whole as a meal.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie