- 3 cup broccoli, florets
- 4 large mushrooms, portabella
- 2 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 ounce Gouda cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, light
- 8 slice bread, Italian
- Heat broiler with rack set 4 inches from heat.
- Cut broccoli into small florets; discard stalk.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and discard. Slice mushrooms 1/2 inch thick.
- Remove ribs and seeds from peppers and discard. Cut peppers into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Crush garlic through a press.
- Thinly slice Gouda cheese (if not already sliced).
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Toss broccoli with oil, then season with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add to baking sheet and broil 4-6 minutes, tossing once or twice until broccoli begins to char.
- Add mushrooms and bell peppers to the broccoli; season with remaining salt and pepper and toss to combine. Broil 8-10 minutes more until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally; set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise and garlic in a small bowl.
- Place bread on a work surface and cut into thin slices. Spread each slice with mayonnaise mixture; top with vegetables and then cheese. Place on baking sheet and broil 2-4 minutes until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Slice melts in half for a snack or eat whole as a meal.
Calories: 92kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 192mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g