- 4 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup cranberries, dried
- 4 tablespoon Italian dressing, low fat
- 1/4 cup pistachios, unsalted
- 4 slice bread, whole wheat
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. (Can spray with cooking spray if neither other option is available.)
- While oven preheats, begin apples by melting butter in a pot over medium-high. Coarsely chop apples and add to the pan along with juice, cinnamon, and sugar; cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes more.
- While apples are cooking, begin pork: In a small dish, whisk egg and 1 tablespoon water. In a separate dish, place the flour. In a third dish, mix together the panko, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper. Dip pork chops first into the flour, then into the egg mixture, and finally into the bread crumbs. Place onto prepared baking sheet, and bake for 30-40 minutes or until internal temperature has reached 160°F.
- Toss all salad ingredients together for a quick side salad.
- Serve pork with salad and a slice of bread on the side if desired. The cooked apples can serve as dessert or as an additional side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie