This quick and easy pasta meal is the perfect balance of fun and nutrition! Broccoli, carrots, mini pepperoni and melty cheese give the flavor of a loaded pizza to a comforting pasta bake.
- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 1 medium cucumber
- 4 cup lettuce, shredded
- 2 cup grapes
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Boil the pasta as instructed on package in a large stock pot. While pasta cooks, peel and dice carrots and chop broccoli into florets (if not purchased this way).
- Toss veggies in with the pasta during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain pasta and vegetables; return to pot.
- Pour in the pizza sauce, diced tomatoes, garlic and salt into the pot. Stir this all together until it is well coated.
- Next, pour this mixture into a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Sprinkle with cheese and pepperoni.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Dice pepper and cucumber; toss with shredded lettuce and set aside.
- Serve pasta dish with grapes and salad that has been drizzled with your favorite dressing.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie