This simple, veggie packed pizza is a Friday night favorite! Even your picky eaters will gobble it up.
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cup spinach
- 3 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 1 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Mix yeast with warm water; set aside for about 5 minutes.
- Combine oil, honey, salt, and yeast mixture in a large mixing bowl.
- Add flour, one cup at a time, alternating between the all-purpose and the whole wheat; continue adding flour if necessary until dough begins to separate itself from the sides of the bowl when mixing.
- Mix in an electric mixer or knead by hand until dough becomes soft to the touch and is no longer sticky. Let rise for 1 hour before rolling out.
- Meanwhile, chop onion and spinach, and slice mushrooms. Spray a hot skillet with cooking spray.
- Add onion to skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for another minute or two, then stir in the spinach. Remove from heat and set aside, allowing spinach to wilt.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Roll the pizza dough out onto a baking sheet, and bake for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven, cover with marinara sauce, add cooked veggies, and top with cheese. Bake again for 5-10 more minutes until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie