- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 4 ounce mozzarella cheese
- 8 jumbo black olives, canned
- 1/2 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 4 each bell pepper, mini
- 4 medium orange
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Slice sides off each slice of bread (or cut each piece in half), forming rectangle shapes rather than squares. Cut mozzarella into thin strips and slice olives.
- Spoon a small amount of spaghetti sauce onto the bread slices.
- Layer cheese across spaghetti sauce; add two olive slices for eyes.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes until cheese melts; watch closely so it does not burn!
- Serve with bell peppers and oranges on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie