- Cook rice as directed on package. Toss with freshly chopped parsley and set aside.
- Spray an indoor grill or large skillet with cooking spray.
- Toss shrimp in a bowl with pesto to coat.
- If using an indoor grill, skewer the shrimp for easier handling. If not, heat the skillet over medium and toss in the shrimp. Cook approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Promptly remove from heat, cover, and set aside.
- In a clean skillet, heat oil over medium. Chop broccoli and carrots; add to skillet and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until crisp-tender: approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Serve shrimp over rice with veggies and apple slices on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie