- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, fresh
- 1 none cooking spray
- 4 wooden skewers
- 12 ounce shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup pesto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup chopped broccoli
- 2 medium carrot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 medium apple
- Cook rice as directed on package. Toss with freshly chopped parsley and set aside.
- Spray an indoor grill or large skillet with cooking spray.
- Toss shrimp in a bowl with pesto to coat.
- If using an indoor grill, skewer the shrimp for easier handling. If not, heat the skillet over medium and toss in the shrimp. Cook approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Promptly remove from heat, cover, and set aside.
- In a clean skillet, heat oil over medium. Chop broccoli and carrots; add to skillet and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until crisp-tender: approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Serve shrimp over rice with veggies and apple slices on the side.
Calories: 519kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 137mg | Sodium: 762mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 13g