- 8 ounce penne pasta, dry
- 1 pound beef, ground, 95% lean
- 1 medium bell pepper, orange
- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 2 cup grapes
- Prepare pasta as directed on package.
- While pasta is boiling, heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Add beef to the hot skillet and cook until no longer pink, stirring frequently to crumble. Drain off excess fat, then set aside, covered.
- Cut veggies into bite-sized pieces, grate cheese (if needed), and heat the sauce (on the stovetop or in the microwave); set all aside separately.
- Set all ingredients out in the serving area and allow everyone to prepare their own pasta as desired. Use this as a time to encourage the addition of a new veggie!
- Don’t forget the grapes! (Serving size: 1 cup pasta; ~1/3 cup sauce; toppings as desired; 1/2 cup grapes)
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie