- 4 ounce penne pasta, dry
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, red
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 medium radicchio
- 28 ounce crushed tomatoes, canned
- 1/3 cup parsley, fresh
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 cup grapes
- Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Chop onion and garlic and add to the hot oil; stir in salt and pepper. Cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Chop radicchio and add to onions, along with tomatoes and reserved liquid. Continue to cook for 10 minutes or until warmed through and radicchio is tender and wilted.
- Stir in cooked pasta and chopped parsley.
- Top each serving with walnuts and fresh Parmesan. Serve with grapes on the side. (Serving size: 1.5-2 cups pasta mixture with 2 tablespoons walnuts and 1 tablespoon cheese; 1/2 cup grapes).
Calories: 556kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 902mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 24g