- 2 cup green beans
- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 8 tablespoon peanut butter, all-natural
- 8 tablespoon jam, all-fruit
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- Heat green beans in a small amount of water over medium heat. Once water boils, turn off heat and cover. Let sit for 2-3 minutes, just enough time to slightly soften. Remove from heat, toss beans in a bowl and add ice to cool for a 1-2 minutes. Remove ice and set beans aside.
- Spread 4 slices of bread with peanut butter and the other 4 slices with jelly. Top each peanut butter slice with a jelly slice to make 4 sandwiches. Remove crust from each and then slice into quarters.
- Cut banana into 8 slices. If berries need to be cleaned be sure to completely dry them before adding to skewers.
- Assemble skewers by adding a sandwich square, banana slice and a few berries. Continue until sandwich squares have been used; remaining berries may be added as an extra side.
- Serve skewers with green beans.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie