- 8 ounce bowtie (farfalle) pasta, dry
- 2 cup spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 clove garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper/chili flakes
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 cup pineapple
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Place spinach in a colander. Once pasta is done cooking, reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water then pour the remaining water and pasta over the spinach in the colander to drain. Set aside.
- Add oil to the pot the pasta was cooked in and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add minced garlic and red pepper flakes to the hot oil; cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant, stirring frequently.
- Pour pasta mixture back into the pot, then stir in ricotta, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in reserved pasta water a little a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Serve warm with chopped pineapple on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie