- 4 ounce rotini pasta, whole wheat, dry
- 1 leek leek
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 serving 2 oz turkey sausage
- 2/3 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 2/5 package (10 oz) sweet mini peppers
- 8 cup spinach
- 1 cup leaves, whole basil, fresh
- 2 oz Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp, ground black pepper, ground
- 2 cup pineapple
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Wash and slice leeks into 1/4 in slices. Mince garlic. Add leeks and garlic to skillet, cook 2-3 minutes until garlic is aromatic.
- Cut sausage into 1/4 in pieces, add to skillet, cook for 2 minutes, add broth, sliced peppers; boil and reduce liquid.
- Add spinach and allow to wilt; 1 minute. Remove from heat, add pasta to mixture, sprinkle basil and parmesan cheese just before serving.
- Serve with pineapples.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie