- 6 ounce pasta, shapes
- 1 medium onion, sweet
- 1 stalk green onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pound beef, ground, 90% lean
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mandarin oranges, canned in juice
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, chop sweet onion and bell peppers. Chop the green onion, setting green section aside separately. Mince garlic. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium. Add onions (except the green section), peppers, and garlic to skillet; cover and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir then cover and cook 2-3 minutes longer.
- Add beef, salt and basil to skillet. Cook until no longer pink, stirring to crumble.
- Add marinara and cook until heated through. Stir in cooked pasta and mozzarella. Turn off heat and add greens of onion.
- Serve goulash with drained mandarin oranges.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie