- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 medium carrot
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 15 ounce white beans, canned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 each bay leaf
- 3 teaspoon basil, dried
- 3 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 6 ounce penne pasta, dry
- 2 cup, chunks pineapple
- Dice onion, celery and carrot and mince garlic; set aside separately. Drain and rinse beans.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and sauté onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes.
- Add beans, celery, carrot, and next 8 ingredients (through black pepper); bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add pasta and cook to al dente according to package directions.
- Serve with chopped pineapple on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie