- 2 medium carrot
- 2 stalk celery
- 1/2 medium onion
- 28 ounce cannellini (white kidney) beans, canned
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, fresh
- 2 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 32 ounce chicken broth, low-sodium
- 28 ounce crushed tomatoes, canned
- 8 ounce macaroni pasta, dry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 cup grapes
- Peel and chop carrot; chop celery and onion into small pieces. Drain and rinse beans; mince garlic and rosemary. Chop parsley.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat, then add onions, carrots, and celery, and saute 5 minutes, until starting to soften.
- Add the garlic, rosemary, and oregano, and saute one minute more.
- Pour in the broth, tomatoes, and beans, then cover and simmer ten minutes.
- Add macaroni noodles and simmer uncovered about 7 more minutes, until pasta is just cooked.
- Stir in parsley, taste, and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve hot with a sprinkle of cheese on top, and grapes on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie