- 6 ounce macaroni pasta, dry
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 cup Brussels sprouts
- 3 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 slice turkey bacon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup green peas, frozen
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 medium pear
- Cook macaroni as directed on package; drain and set aside. Meanwhile, whisk together egg, egg whites and Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- Halve the Brussels sprouts. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Add sprouts and cook until slightly browned, flipping occasionally. If browning too fast, reduce heat to prevent burning. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt; set aside covered.
- Heat a large skillet over medium; add bacon. Crush garlic with the side of a knife and add to skillet. Stir and cook until bacon is crispy. Add peas and cook until heated through.
- Stir macaroni into skillet with bacon. Remove from heat; add egg mixture and stir quickly until eggs thicken. Season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and the pepper.
- Serve pasta with Brussels sprouts and sliced pears on the side. (Serving size: 3/4 cup carbonara, 1 pear)
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie