- 4 oz pasta, shapes
- 1 cup tomato juice, canned, without salt added
- 1 can crushed tomatoes, canned
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 medium (2-1/2″ dia) onion
- 4 medium carrot
- 1 head, medium (about 5-3/4″ dia) cabbage
- 1/2 lb turkey, ground
- 1 cup kidney beans, canned
- 1 cup navy beans, canned
- 4 apricot apricot
- Cook pasta al dente, as directed on package; set aside. Place juice, tomatoes, broth, water and spices into a large pot. Bring to a boil; simmer while preparing veggies.
- Finely chop onion, thinly slice carrot and shred cabbage. Saute vegetables in a large skillet, over medium heat; cook for 4-5 minutes, covered. Add to soup base and continue to simmer.
- In a medium skillet (or the same on used for the veggies), cook turkey until no longer pink; stirring occasionally to crumble meat.
- Add fully cooked meat, beans and pasta to soup; bring back to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- serve with apricots.
Calories: 394kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 504mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 16g