- 4 oz pasta, shapes
- 1 cup tomato juice, canned, without salt added
- 1 can crushed tomatoes, canned
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 medium (2-1/2″ dia) onion
- 4 medium carrot
- 1 head, medium (about 5-3/4″ dia) cabbage
- 1/2 lb turkey, ground
- 1 cup kidney beans, canned
- 1 cup navy beans, canned
- 4 apricot apricot
- Cook pasta al dente, as directed on package; set aside. Place juice, tomatoes, broth, water and spices into a large pot. Bring to a boil; simmer while preparing veggies.
- Finely chop onion, thinly slice carrot and shred cabbage. Saute vegetables in a large skillet, over medium heat; cook for 4-5 minutes, covered. Add to soup base and continue to simmer.
- In a medium skillet (or the same on used for the veggies), cook turkey until no longer pink; stirring occasionally to crumble meat.
- Add fully cooked meat, beans and pasta to soup; bring back to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- serve with apricots.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie