- 1 medium carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 medium onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 8 ounce bowtie (farfalle) pasta, dry
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne or red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 3 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 14 1/2 ounce stewed tomatoes, canned
- 3 slice turkey bacon
- 4 medium orange
- Thinly slice carrot, chop celery and onion, and mince garlic.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add carrot, celery, onion and garlic. Cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Stir in flour, Italian seasoning, cayenne, and black pepper until well-blended. Gradually stir in broth and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Allow to boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium and stir in cooked pasta, rinsed and drained chickpeas and undrained tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, add bacon to a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook for 6-7 minutes or until crisp.
- Serve soup topped with crumbled bacon and oranges on the side.
Calories: 397kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 479mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 5g