Adding the vegetable juice was great! There was so much more flavor than I’ve ever had in a burger. This is a recipe I’ll bookmark for sure. As I’m making them, my smart alleck 12 year old said, “What’s cooking? Yamburgers?” LOL.. poor kids gets a lot of experiments around here.
So, now with 1 1/2 quarts of juice left, we’ve got to get creative. Here are 9 other things you can do with vegetable juice that we thought of:
- Freeze the juice in an ice cube tray to be used next time we make vegetable soups.
- Freeze the juice in baggies to be used in a fruit/ vegetable smoothie.
- Add it to spaghetti sauce or chili to stretch your sauce a little further.
- Combine with oil and vinegar for a flavored salad dressing.
- Add it to BBQ sauce for marinating meat
- Use to flavor the water when cooking rice or Quinoa.
- Gazpacho. Have you tried it? I haven’t, but this recipe looks from All You Magazine delish.
- Replace some of the broth in this multi bean soup with vegetable juice.
- And of course, if you could be so lucky to enjoy it, DRINK IT!
So don’t let vegetable juice scare you! If anything, those burgers are amazing!
Now onto a new meal plan:
|Monday||Muffins/ and Bananas||Mini Bagel Sandwich with sprouts and cucumbers||String cheese with Olives||Deep Dish Veggie pizza|
|Tuesday||Smoothies||Shredded vegetable and turkey wrap||Apples with nut butter||Sweet and sour chicken|
|Wednesday||Eggs with Toast||Pasta Salad with tomatoes and olives||Carrots with Hummus||Bread Bowl potato soup|
|Thursday||Applesauce with toast||PB & J with apple and carrots||Peaches and walnuts||Garden Pasta|
|Friday||Oatmeal with strawberries||Veggie Sandwich (lettuce, tomatoes, and onions)||Homemade granola bars||Mushroom Risotto with chicken|
* Visit our archives page for more free meal plans!
* I did receive the bottle of Mott’s Vegetable Juice for free.