Here is our second Turkey this week. Yesterday’s muffin craft was a big hit with the kids, but you should have seen their faces when they saw this turkey sitting on the kitchen table when they got home from school. Yeah, they would have liked to build him themselves, but their faces were priceless when they saw him already made.
They excitedly tore him apart so they could each have a skewer of grapes (which surprisingly were only $0.99 /lb at the store yesterday!
For our Fruity Turkey, I used:
- An apple, turned on it’s side, with the bottom sliced off to make it flat.
- Googly eyes, fixed on with peanut butter
- Half a grape for the beak (they were HUGE grapes)
- a bento toothpick with a flat thingy on the end of it.
- Skewers with grapes
- More toothpicks to prop him up in the back, because he became too back heavy.