- 6 ounce orecchiette pasta, dry
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup parsley, fresh
- 2 medium apple
- 2 cup carrots, baby
- Trim cauliflower and cut into bite-size pieces. Finely chop garlic and parsley; grate Romano.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil, then add pasta and cook 5 minutes less than the package instructions for al dente.
- Add cauliflower and cook about 5 minutes more until pasta is al dente and cauliflower is tender. Drain pasta mixture, reserving 1 cup liquid; set aside.
- In the same pot, heat oil over medium. Add garlic and cook about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add pasta mixture, Romano cheese, and 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking liquid; season with salt, pepper, and parsley to taste. Toss to coat, adding more liquid if necessary to thin the sauce.
- Top with additional cheese if desired; serve apple slices and baby carrots on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie