- 1 1/2 pound beef roast
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger root, fresh
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 medium onion
- 1 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 3 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 4 medium orange
- 1 medium bell pepper, orange
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Remove any visible fat from the roast. Combine oregano, freshly grated ginger, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper; rub over meat.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium. Brown roast on all sides. Slice onions while roast browns.
- Add roast and sliced onions to slow cooker.
- Add 2 teaspoons of orange zest (using the oranges to served with the dish), 1 cup orange juice, sugar and soy sauce to a small bowl. Whisk together and pour over meat. Cover and cook for 8-10 hours on low (or 4-5 hours on high).
- Cook rice according to package directions about 30 minutes before serving dinner (if cooked earlier, it will need reheating). While rice cooks, peel oranges; cut wedges in half and toss into a large salad bowl.
- Thinly slice bell pepper and add to the bowl, along with tomatoes, lettuce, and feta cheese; toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Add your favorite dressing just before serving.
- Remove roast from slow cooker. Drain juices into medium saucepan and skim off fat.
- Add cornstarch and remaining 1/4 cup of orange juice to the saucepan and whisk to combine; cook over low heat until thickened and bubbly, stirring frequently (approximately 3-5 minutes).
- Serve roast over rice, drizzled with sauce; serve salad on the side. (Each serving is 3oz meat, 1 cup salad, 1/2 cup rice).
Calories: 702kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 53g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 162mg | Sodium: 2078mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 9g