- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cup pineapple
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- Place sunflower seeds (not the type in the shell!!) and 1-3 tablespoons of oil in a high-powered blender or food processor; blend for 1-3 minutes or until nuts turn into a paste. Add additional oil a little at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Spread sunflower butter onto 4 bread slices, drizzle with honey, then top with remaining slices of bread to form 4 sandwiches.
- Chop pineapple and slice bell pepper.
- Serve sandwiches with pineapple and pepper slices on the side.
Calories: 492kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 297mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 18g