- 2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1 spray , about 1/3 second (1 NLEA serving) cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 tsp BAKING POWDER
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup raspberries
- Take butter from the fridge to allow it to soften. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together softened butter, and sugar; add buttermilk, egg and vanilla; mix thoroughly. Add the flour mixture, and blend. Fold in the berries without over-mixing.
- Using a large zip lock bag, place the batter into the bag, cut an opening in one of the corners of the bag, or simply use a large pastry bag. Gently squeeze the batter out onto a baking sheet into a circle-like donut.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. Allow to cool before serving.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie