I’m posting all things that have to do with healthy food that starts with the
I think this is my biggest list yet! So many amazing food choices. Normally, you wouldn’t associate Sundae’s with healthy food, but you’ll change your mind with this one. Thanks to reader Leila from Don’t Speak Whinese, for this clever guest post.
Milk allergies run amok in our home so it’s always a challenge finding alternatives for the typical childhood favorites that my children cannot have. This recipe never disappoints and is always requested!
Ingredients for Fruit Sundaes:
- Watermelon – Use an Ice Cream Scoop
- Bananas – Cut into circles or cut in half lengthwise if you are going to make a Banana Split!
- Dark Chocolate Chips – A Tasty Antioxidant Boost!
- Whipped Topping (We use Soy Whip for a milk allergy friendly alternative! )
- Cherry on Top (Pitted!)
- Additional Topping Suggestions:
- Carob Chips
- Your Favorite Berries
- Pineapple Chunks
- Crumbled Graham Crackers or Cookies of Choice
- Honey or Agave Syrup
- Favorite Jam, Jelly or Fruit Syrup
Author Bio: Leila writes a bold humor blog based on her positive and funny outlook on life. She has two kids with a variety of food allergies and they ninja kick through life’s obstacles together. She believes in and lives by the phrase “Don’t Speak Whinese” and makes the most out of every situation.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie