- 1 pound beef, ground, 95% lean
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 14 1/2 ounce beef broth
- 16 ounce refried beans, canned, fat-free
- 3/4 cup milk
- 10 ounce tomatoes with green chilies, canned
- 4 ounce diced green chilies, canned
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 3 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/8 cup SOUR CREAM, REDUCED FAT
- 3 stalk green onion
- 4 ounce tortilla chips
- 2 cup pineapple
- Using a large skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat. Dice onion and mince garlic; add to beef. Stir to break up meat and combine, cooking 7-8 minutes until no longer pink. Drain excess fat and return to heat.
- Drain and rinse black beans. Add to skillet along with the beef broth, refried beans, milk, tomatoes, green chilies, corn, and taco seasoning. Stir well to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. If mixture is thicker than you desire, add in additional broth or water until the desired consistency is reached.
- Serve topped with sour cream and chopped green onions, with chips and chopped pineapple on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie