- 2 medium carrot
- 2 stalk celery
- 2 clove garlic
- 6 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 2 stalk green onion
- 4 cup lettuce, romaine
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing, low fat
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- 4 slice, medium bread, Italian
- Peel carrots and cut into large chunks, along with the celery. Slice garlic and onion.
- Add carrots, celery, garlic, onion, and broth to slow cooker; cook on high for 2-4 hours or on low for 4-5 hours.
- Chop mushrooms and green onions; add to slow cooker. Remove carrots and celery, and cut into smaller pieces; add back to slow cooker and cook for an additional hour, checking to be sure mushrooms have become tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare salad: In a large mixing bowl, toss together lettuce, tomatoes, dressing, and almonds.
- Serve soup with a side salad and a slice of Italian bread.
Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 289mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g