- 2 medium carrot
- 2 stalk celery
- 2 clove garlic
- 6 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 2 stalk green onion
- 4 cup lettuce, romaine
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing, low fat
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- 4 slice, medium bread, Italian
- Peel carrots and cut into large chunks, along with the celery. Slice garlic and onion.
- Add carrots, celery, garlic, onion, and broth to slow cooker; cook on high for 2-4 hours or on low for 4-5 hours.
- Chop mushrooms and green onions; add to slow cooker. Remove carrots and celery, and cut into smaller pieces; add back to slow cooker and cook for an additional hour, checking to be sure mushrooms have become tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare salad: In a large mixing bowl, toss together lettuce, tomatoes, dressing, and almonds.
- Serve soup with a side salad and a slice of Italian bread.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie