- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 1 medium onion
- 3 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste, canned
- 2 tablespoon paprika
- 2 medium lemon
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 4 cup spinach
- 2 cup strawberries
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan over medium. Slice mushrooms, chop onion, and mince garlic.
- Add mushrooms and onions to hot oil, and cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring often. Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes longer.
- Turn heat down to medium-low, cover, and continue to cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking to the pan.
- Add tomato paste, paprika, 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, cumin, and salt. Stir to combine while adding water; bring to a boil.
- Add quinoa, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until the water has been absorbed. Remove from heat, allow to sit for 2-3 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- Add spinach to each serving plate and then top with quinoa. Cut remaining lemon into wedges for spritzing.
- Serve strawberries on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie