- 8 standard cupcake liners
- 1 regular Pie crust, refrigerated, unbaked
- 1 cup pinto beans
- 4 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 4 ounce cheddar cheese
- 4 medium apple
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut pie crust into circles, approximately 3 1/2 inches in diameter. (This can be done with a knife, drinking glass, or round cookie cutter.) Spray muffin pan with cooking spray and then press a dough circle into each cup.
- Put a cupcake liner over the top of each crust and fill with the dried beans; this will ensure that the crust does not rise while baking. Bake for 10 minutes, then allow beans to cool and remove the cupcake liners.
- While crusts are cooling, whisk together the eggs, milk, nutmeg, and salt.
- Dice broccoli and mushrooms into smaller pieces and place them into each of the cooked pie crusts.
- Pour in the egg mixture and top with shredded cheese. Bake again for 10-15 minutes. The eggs will rise up and the crust will become slightly golden.
- Serve with apple slices on the side.
Calories: 755kcal | Carbohydrates: 91g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 220mg | Sodium: 609mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 24g