- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 ounce turkey sausage
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 large egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 medium apple
- 2 medium kiwi
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup yogurt, plain
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, pure
- 1 medium lemon
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Remove casings from sausage. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium. Add sausage and cook, stirring to crumble. Meanwhile dice bell peppers. Add to sausage and cook for 2-3 minutes longer or until sausage is no longer pink. Drain excess fat and pour sausage into an 8×8 baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Whisk eggs together with salt and pepper; pour over the sausage. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until eggs have fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, chop fruit into smaller pieces and toss into a bowl with yogurt, vanilla, maple syrup, zest and juice of lemon, and walnuts; mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve with casserole.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie