- 8 slice bread, sprouted, whole grain
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup broccoli
- 3 medium carrot
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 1/4 cup ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 2 cup edamame, shelled
- 4 medium orange
- Remove crust from bread and cut into quarters; set aside. Boil 1/2 cup of water. Chop broccoli into small florets and cook in boiling water until slightly softened, 6-7 minutes. Remove from water and allow to cool.
- Finely dice 1 carrot and bell pepper. Slice remaining carrots into sticks. Add cooled broccoli, diced carrot and bell pepper, and ricotta cheese to a small mixing bowl. Mix together well and spread onto 8 squares of bread. Top each with a second square of bread.
- Serve mini sammies with carrot sticks, edamame, and orange wedges on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie