- 2 cup water
- 1 1/3 cup macaroni pasta, dry
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup green peas, frozen
- 2 medium carrot
- 4 medium kiwi
- Mix water and pasta together in a microwaveable bowl and heat on high for 5 minutes or until noodles are softened. Drain excess water if there is any.
- Stir in milk and cheese and return to microwave for 1-2 more minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in peas and heat a little longer until everything is warmed through.
- While pasta is cooking, peel and slice carrots and kiwis.
- If needing to pack to go, try sending pasta to school in a thermos with your child in order to keep it warm.
- Serve with carrot and kiwi slices on the side.
- Mix 1/3 cup whole grain pasta, 1/2 cup water, 1/4 cup milk, and 1/3 cup cheddar in a microwaveable mug and heat on high until noodles are softened.
- Stir in 1/4 cup peas and cook for another 30 seconds until everything is warmed through.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie