- 2 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound beef, ground, 90% lean
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup black beans, canned
- 1 can diced tomatoes, canned
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 fruit MANGO, FRESH
- Mince garlic. Heat skillet over medium heat and add oil and garlic. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add beef and brown until crumbled and no longer pink, 6-7 minutes.
- Add quinoa, broth, rinsed and drained beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Add more broth if quinoa is still raw after 15 minutes.
- Cube avocado and serve over quinoa with mango cubes on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie