- 2 cup pineapple
- Mince garlic and dice onion.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Once oil becomes shimmery, add onion and cook for 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more, stirring frequently.
- Add rice, cumin, pepper, salt, chopped cilantro, tomatoes (with liquid), and broth. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 35-45 minutes or until rice has become tender and all liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.
- Serve rice with pineapple on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie