- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cup pineapple
- Mince garlic and dice onion.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Once oil becomes shimmery, add onion and cook for 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more, stirring frequently.
- Add rice, cumin, pepper, salt, chopped cilantro, tomatoes (with liquid), and broth. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 35-45 minutes or until rice has become tender and all liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.
- Serve rice with pineapple on the side.
Calories: 279kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 744mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 13g