- In medium bowl, combine wheat germ and egg white with beef; shape into 1 inch meatballs.
- In a saucepan, heat the marinara sauce to a boil; stir in the meatballs.
- Reduce heat to low, simmer covered, stirring occasionally. It should take approximately 20 minutes for the meatballs to cook through (no longer pink inside).
- Cook tortellini along with meatballs, according to the package directions.
- Skewer the meatballs with the tortellini and serve with salad.
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl, serve immediately.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie