- 1 slice bread, Italian
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pound beef, ground, 95% lean
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 none cooking spray
- 4 small hoagie roll
- 1/4 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 2 cup spinach
- 2 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 cup, chopped kale
- 5 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 cup vinegar, red wine
- 2 medium apple
- In a small bowl, soak Italian bread in milk until soggy, about 5 minutes. Squeeze out excess milk and tear into small pieces. Combine bread with beef, chopped onion, Parmesan, chopped parsley, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium; drop in meatballs without over crowding pan. Cook for 6-8 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Set aside and continue until all meatballs have been cooked. Toast hoagie rolls and spread with a thin layer of spaghetti sauce.
- Assemble salad by tearing greens and adding to a large bowl. Toss together with olive oil, vinegar, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Add meatballs to rolls, and serve sandwiches with salad and sliced apples on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie