- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing, low fat
- 2 cup blueberries
- Drain and rinse kidney beans. Toss one can of beans into a food processor; pulse to puree. Finely chop onion, grate carrot, and slice bell peppers; set aside separately.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium. Add onions, salt, and black pepper and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add carrots, chili powder, and oregano; mix well. Cook for 1-2 minutes then stir in the tomatoes; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cook for 10 minutes. Stir in the the bean puree as well as the remaining can of beans, and cook until heated through.
- Serve on whole wheat buns alongside blueberries and bell pepper slices with ranch for dipping.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie