Maple Monday Morning
Healthy whole grain oats are sweetened with maple syrup, fruit, and a touch of iron-rich molasses.Print Pin Rate
- 4 cup water
- 2 cup steel cut oats
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 cup raisins, seedless
- 2 medium banana
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup, pure
- Bring the water to a rolling boil over high heat. Add steel cut oats, molasses, pumpkin pie spice, raisins and 1 mashed banana to the pot and bring back to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 12-15 minutes, or until water has been absorbed and oats are tender.
- Mix to combine and serve with milk, sliced bananas, and maple syrup (if desired), to taste.
Calories: 430kcal | Carbohydrates: 82g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 61mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 20g