- 14 1/2 ounce macaroni pasta, whole-wheat, dry
- 3/4 each onion, sweet
- 4 medium carrot
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup bread crumbs, plain
- 2 fruit MANGO, FRESH
- 1 medium cucumber
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners into muffin pan.
- Prepare macaroni as directed on package.
- Chop onion, carrots, and broccoli, and toss into food processor. Blend until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cheddar, mozzarella, egg, melted butter, and olive oil. Add cooked macaroni, puréed veggies, and half the bread crumbs. Stir until just combined.
- Fill each muffin cup with an even amount of macaroni mixture. Sprinkle the remaining bread crumbs over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tops begin to brown and crisp.
- Serve with mango and cucumber slices.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie