- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 2 pound chicken breast
- 2 medium lime
- 1/2 fl oz vinegar, rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 medium peppers, jalapeño
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 4 medium tortilla, whole wheat
- 2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1/2 medium cucumber
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Cut up one onion and two bell peppers into strips. Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Place the peppers and onions in one bag together and the chicken in another bag.
- Squeeze the juice from two limes. Mix the lime juice, vinegar, salt, pepper, and cumin. For added flavor and heat, add 1-2 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh jalapeno. And if you’re a cilantro person, add 1-2 tablespoons of finely chopped cilantro. This is your marinade.
- Pour half the marinade over the pepper/onion mix, and the other half over the chicken. Fill each bag with air and shake it all around to make sure everything is coated. Do this over your kitchen sink in case anything leaks or pops.
- Place both bags in in a bowl to marinate for 30 minutes or longer, place in the fridge.
- Using a large frying pan, heat a small amount of olive oil. Pour in the contents of the pepper bag and let everything cook for about 5 minutes. Let the liquid help steam the veggies for a few minutes and then drain the liquid off in the sink so the veggies will brown in the pan. The key is to cook them enough that they’re not raw, but not too much so they still have bite. Similar to al dente.
- Put the cooked peppers and onions aside on a plate. Clean your pan slightly with water in the sink to remove any black residue from cooking the peppers.
- Now cook the chicken. Just as you cooked the peppers, heat a bit of oil in the pan and then add the chicken. Try not to let the marinade liquid get into the pan because the chicken tends to release it’s own liquids. Cook until chicken is done through – 165 degrees in the middle. Drain off any liquids in the sink so the chicken can brown in the pan.
- Finally, add the peppers and onions back into the mix and warm for a minute. Bring your pan out sizzling for the grand effect!
- Add filling to tortillas and top with your favorite toppings.
Calories: 715kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 71g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 226mg | Sodium: 1521mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 9g