- 1 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vinegar, distilled
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 none cooking spray
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, pure
- 2 medium banana
- In a mixing bowl, blend together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate small bowl, add the milk and the vinegar. Allow it to sit while preparing the other ingredients; it will begin to thicken like buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the applesauce, yogurt, and vanilla; then, whisk in the milk and vinegar.
- Gradually pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and stir just until combined.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cup fulls onto the hot skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbly. Flip and cook 1 additional minute until cooked through and golden. Continue until all batter has been used.
- Drizzle warm pancakes with syrup and serve with banana slices on the side.
Calories: 350kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 342mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 31g