- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 1/4 medium onion
- 1/4 cup vinegar, red wine
- 1 each bay leaf
- 1 can crushed tomatoes, canned
- 2 cup water
- 1 cup Lentils, cooked
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 4 ounce Spaghetti
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 cup grapes
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Slice mushrooms and mince garlic; chop carrot, bell pepper, and onion. Add all to hot oil. Cook for 10 minutes stirring frequently. Veggies will become caramelized and fragrant.
- Add vinegar and cook for 1 minute, scraping pan to loosen browned bits of veggies.
- Add bay leaf, tomatoes, water, lentils, and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Cook approximately 25 minutes until lentils have softened. Stir occasionally as it thickens, adding more water if needed.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed on package.
- Season lentils with salt and pepper and serve over hot pasta with grapes on the side.
Calories: 550kcal | Carbohydrates: 100g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 370mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 22g