- 2 medium pear
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mince garlic and juice lemon; add both to a small bowl along with olive oil. Whisk to fully combine, then set aside.
- Pound out the chicken so that it is of even thickness. Place in an 8X8 inch baking dish and drizzle with lemon mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Toss to coat with juices in pan.
- While chicken bakes, cook rice as directed on package. Set aside covered when done.
- Cut broccoli into smaller pieces. Add to a microwave safe dish and add water. Microwave on high for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Careful not to over-cook.
- For the sauce: Smash the garlic and add to a blender, along with salt, parsley, pepper, the juice of the lemon, and 1 teaspoon lemon zest. Pulse until coarsely chopped and then slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Pour into a saucepan and heat through.
- Serve chicken and broccoli over rice. Drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with nuts.
- Serve with sliced pears on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie