- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 2 cup cherries
- Mince garlic; slice zucchini, peppers, carrots, Place zucchini, peppers and carrots into a large ziplock bag with the chicken. Proceed to whisk together lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper; pour marinade in with the chicken and veggies. Seal and allow to sit in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours (or overnight), turning bag over at least once during the marinade time.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove chicken and veggies from bag and place in an oven safe 9X13 inch pan; discard the marinade.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and the meat begins to separate from the bone.
- While the chicken bakes, cook rice according to package directions; cover and set aside until ready to serve.
- Serve chicken with cooked rice, veggie medley and cherries. Be sure to allow one of the dishes of chicken and veggies to cool, then store in the refrigerator for tomorrows meal!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie