This simple saute is packed with protein and veggies and flavored with a fresh herb and lemon sauce. Serve it plain or over brown rice for a nourishing weeknight dinner!
- 4 medium carrot
- 4 cup broccoli, florets
- 2 pound chicken breast
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
For the Herb Sauce
- 2 cup pineapple
- Peel carrots and cut into thin rounds; chop broccoli into bite-size pieces. Mince garlic.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add the olive oil, then the chicken and sauté until golden brown.
- Add broccoli and carrots, continuing to sauté until veggies are crisp-tender and chicken is cooked through. (You may add a splash of water and cover the pan to help the veggies tenderize.)
- While chicken and veggies are cooking, make the sauce: add all sauce ingredients to a food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Pour the sauce into a saucepan and heat through. Serve!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie