This simple saute is packed with protein and veggies and flavored with a fresh herb and lemon sauce. Serve it plain or over brown rice for a nourishing weeknight dinner!
- 4 medium carrot
- 4 cup broccoli, florets
- 2 pound chicken breast
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
For the Herb Sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, fresh
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup parsley, fresh
- 2 tablespoons mint, fresh
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 lemons juice and zest
- 2 cup pineapple
- Peel carrots and cut into thin rounds; chop broccoli into bite-size pieces. Mince garlic.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add the olive oil, then the chicken and sauté until golden brown.
- Add broccoli and carrots, continuing to sauté until veggies are crisp-tender and chicken is cooked through. (You may add a splash of water and cover the pan to help the veggies tenderize.)
- While chicken and veggies are cooking, make the sauce: add all sauce ingredients to a food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Pour the sauce into a saucepan and heat through. Serve!